VENEZIA HOUSE

Venezia Palace, known as Casa Venezia, was built in a historicist style. The constructor of the palace was architect Giacomo Zammatti. The owner of the palace was Roberta Whitehead, a torpedo inventor which was built it in 1888. The palace is a part of a series of buildings who are facing the street. The only one facade of red brick contrasted with white stone details in Neoromantic style and neo-gothic type with a multitude of notable speaks. The central facades are emphasized by the slightly pulled balcony terraces under which is the main portal of the house. At the middle of the house is a square staircase illuminated through the glazed part of the roof while the sides are flats. In the lowest part of the house, there are shops and banks looking at Dolac Street. Whitehead has invested capital in the construction of three more residential buildings in that street. One of the reasons was a large increase in the number of residents in the city.

Find on map

Address:

Dolac 8-12, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.328245, E14.440393

ASTRONOMICAL CENTER

The building is located on the hill of St. Cross since 1941 in the form of a military fort. The fort was first remade in 2001 when a telescope and a mobile astronomical dome were installed, which was the main reason for establishing today’s observatory. The Observatory has a telescope model MEADE LX 200 with a 16-inch Lens Opening which enables a maximum increase of up to 800 times. How the interest in astronomy increased, a few years later, the realization of the Astronomical Center was realized in today’s state of affairs. The center contains an 8-meter diameter dome, an air-conditioned hall with a capacity of 50 seats.

Find on map

Address:

Svetog Križa, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.324860, E14.482836

TARSATICA FORTRESS

Tarsatica was first mentioned in AD 799. From the end of the 7th century, it was under the Croatian rule, after that, it has changed several rulers. In 1466 it fell under the theme of the Habsburg, which helped them to spread their property to the Adriatic coast. In the 15th century that resulted in conflicts with Venice and in 1509, Venitian turned the town into ash. In 1719 they declared Rijeka as a port by Emperor Charles VI. Under the rule of Mary Theresa and Habsburg in 1776 Rijeka and Primorje has formed a special territorial unit within Croatia. Tarsatica is a recognizable part of the Rijeka with sanctuary Our. The Roman Tarsatica is located in today’s old town on the right bank of the Rječina River on the sea. You can see that there is no visible existence of flat streets that would testify about the compliance with the rules of proper urbanism.

Find on map

Address:

Trg Riječke rezolucije 1, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.332569, E14.455249

ST. JEROME'S CHURCH AND DOMINICAN MONASTERY

The church was fonded 1315 by the feudal lords of Rijeka and nowadays it’s Dominican monastery in hands of the Augustinians, the Princes Devinski. During the first half of the 15th century their heirs, Baroness Walsee, completed the monastery which is located on the Rijeka Resolution Square. The monastery and church of St. Jerome are also the mausolea. The construction began in 1315, at the time of Ugona II and they completed it in 1408 when it was administered by Ugon VI. The first stage was built in 1363 and has been renovated several times over the centuries. In the earthquake of 1750 who damage occurred, so in 1768 it was rebuilt and extended towards the building of the present facade. From the Gothic style of construction there were windows with pointed arches on the south side of the shrine. In August 1788 the Augustinian Order was abolished and they gave the complex to the administration of a priesthood. The City Council for Administration rebuilt and redeemed the monastery in 1833. After the Second World War, the eastern part of the complex becomes the Dominican monastery and the Town Hall leaves that area.

Find on map

Address:

Trg Riječke rezolucije 1, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.327439, E14.442085

CHURCH OF THE AS-SUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY AND THE LEANING TOWER

Užarska Street is leading to the church of The Assumption of Our Lady, a Gothic structure restored in Baroque style in 1695. The classicist front dates from the early 19th century. The church safeguards are copies of Tizian’s Assunta and St. John, both were made by the Rijeka painter Ivan Sumatra. The Baroque dames of saints are made by Giacomo Contieri from Padua. The bell tower in Romanesque style stands in front of the church: they made the upper part following the Gothic floral patterns. In front of the facade of the church is a self-proclaimed bell tower called the „Kosi Toranj“ (Leaning tower). Above the entrance of the tower you can see the year 1377, the year of the construction. Demolished in the earthquake in 1750, the church was reconstructed. Last Consistent measurements of leaning are held 1920s when it was 40cm, althoug today and more. The freestone bell tower is charatherized by the Gothic style. The facade of the church is a mixture of styles, renaissance, baroque, classical and historicist architectural plastics.

Find on map

Address:

Church: Ul. Pavla Rittera Vitezovića 3, 51000, Rijeka

Tower: Pul Vele Crikve, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.326538, E14.445616

N45.326601, E14.445446

CASSA ROSA

Casa Rossa is a residential building near the city theatre and market area, built in 1903, according to a project by engineer Wenceslas Celligo. The complex of several large residential buildings was built using a recognizable concept that created unity over all facades, precipitated with carved stone rustics, dotted complex arches, fronted with red bricks and wrought iron.

Find on map

Address:

Demetrova ul. 2A, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.323399, E14.443804

STATE ARCHIVES

Founded in 1926, the State Archives is located in the Park of Vladimir Nazor, the former residence of the Archduke Josip, cousin of the Austrian Emperor and Croatian King Franjo Josip I.Due to the disarray with King, the Archduke Josip had to settle in the Hungarian part of the Monarchy and he decides for Rijeka. Here he bought the villa of the patriarch of Miho Andoche from the end of the 17th century to adapt it to the luxurious way of life. Adaptation took drastic reconstruction of the villa by design of Rijeka architect Rafael Culotta. Reconstruction of residence was completed in 1895, and they built it in elegant historicism. In the building, there is an administration, offices, a reading room, lecture hall and exhibition space. Particular significance is the documents written in Croatian Glagolitic script.

Find on map

Address:

 Park Nikole Hosta 2, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.328979, E14.445016

THE CITY TOWER

The city tower symbol of the town who is divided by a wreath in three zones: The ground floor with the entrance, the first floor on which the reliefs of the bishops of Emperor Leopold I and Charles VI are the placed and second floor with windows. During the history, the City Tower was repeatedly restored architecturally. The shapes on the tower were created during Charles VI. When he came to the throne and when Car Leopold 1 in Rijeka issued a diploma for giving the city a coat of arms, two-headed eagle. The tower was also decorated with inscriptions, coats of arms and a statue of the Habsburg rulers. The entrance door you can see the Habsburg double gilt eagle and the inscription from 1695 – INDEFICIENTER. In a sign of gratitude, the citizens decided to set up the statue of Emperor Leopold I and the Emperor Karla VI. on the City Tower due to the proclamation of Rijeka the free harbor. The Council of Towns in 1784 decides to purchase watches for all four sides of the tower. The clocks worked until 1873 when they were replaced by a mechanical clock, there is still in operation. According to the project of architect Antun Gnamba, the tower was rebuilt around 1801. Architect Filibert Bazar 1890 gives him a new style of historicism.

Find on map

Address:

Korzo 10
51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.326540, E14.443072

CROATIAN NATIONAL THEATRE IVAN PL. ZAJC

The Croatian National Theater Ivana pl. is founded in 1946 as the National Theater. Theater life began in 1805 before today’s building in the Helmer-Fellner building from 1885. Since 1953, it has named them the National Theater of Ivan Zajc. Since its inception, there has been three parts appeared: Croatian and Italian drama, Opera and ballet, which are continuing the two-year tradition of theatrical life. For the repertoire of Croatian theatre for a long time it has been impossible, except in the period 1848-68 then Rijeka is under the rule of Croatia. From its beginning, Zagreb artists are also parts of it, such as M. Crnobori, J. Marotti, V. Maričić, B. P. and L. Matačić, and M. Fotez, A. Štimac, T. Strozzi and many others lead the ensemble of Croatian drama.

Find on map

Address:

Ul. Ivana Zajca 1, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.324543, E14.444482

CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF LURDES AND THE CAPUCHIN MONASTERY

The church with the monastery was built in 1610 by the alms. In honor of St. Augustine. In 1904, with the blessing of Pope Pius X., and with the care of brother Bernardin, then Provincial of the Croatian Province, was laid the foundation stone of the new Church, dedicated to BDM Lourdes and St. Augustine. According to the project of the architect Giovanni Maria Cureta, the style was planned in the spirit of the Venetian Gothic. The construction of the first part of the Church thanks to the gods of people was brought to the end of 1908 and was blessed by the then Provincial of Br. Berninand. In 1908, Bishop Anton, with the participation of the people, devoted himself to the main altar in honor of the BDM. The construction of the upper church during the First World War 1914 – 1918 was largely hindered, so they lay until 1922 only roofs part. For the sacral use of the upper part was opened in 1923. In the year 1923, they established a parish in honor of BDM Lourdes in the monastery and church. After the First World War, the monastery was given to the Venetian province, and in 1954 they returned it to our Province.

Find on map

Address:

Kapucinske stube 5, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.328418, E14.437140

KOBLER SQUARE

The square was located on the site of the former City Hall. The name was given by Giovanni Kobler’s historian. A square is a place of the public life of the Rijeka and the area of the City Lodge where the judges met, concluded contracts and held the City Council’s deliberations. A square is a place of the public life of the Rijeka and the area of the City Lodge where the judges met, concluded contracts and held the City Council’s deliberations. The earthquake affected the town in 1750, his use decreases, the political and trading center is moving to another location. At the central part of the square, there is a fountain set up according to the project of architect Igor Emilija, ordered by Paper Factory in Rijeka of marking the 150th anniversary its existence. They build the history reminder of that time of Old Town Hall before its systematic demolition and reformate.

Find on map

Address:

Trg Ivana Koblera
51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.326918, E14.443293

LINDEN HOUSE

On the Korzo square, its secessionist style enhances the space of the Korzo. Angyal and Fabbro designed the house; they completed in 1929 in Art Deco style. In these days house’s rooms are filled with storehouses in the ground floor, upper parts of the house is use for a living.

Find on map

Address:

Korzo 27, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.326950, E14.441626

MILCENICH, CERNIAK HOUSE

An adaptation project of a residential-business three store building on Korzo for Antonija Milcenich, who was also the owner of the building in 1905, is performed by Ambrosini. Introducing modern wide window openings in the height of the entire floor with the floral and leafy decor and a circular window that is so typical of the Viennese Secession. The house will become one example of the city’s secession architecture, known as the narrowest (najuza) house in the city. To preserve the Mediterranean style, it uses the decoration of a laurel branch, located under the balcony doors of the second floor. They designed the ground floor and the first floor for the business space, and they also designed the showrooms that are opening the space on these two floors to the street. They designate the first floor for a living. On the house can be seen the balcony with glazed doors which, according to the original project, should also include a round window in the spirit of Art Nouveau.

Find on map

Address:

Korzo 19, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.326867, E14.441829

NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM

The Rijeka Natural History Museum is located on the Vladimir Nazor Promenade on its present location is since 1946, founded by the Primorje Gorski Kotar County. The beginnings of the museum started in 1876 founded as part of the aquarium and zoo. The museum based its collection on the geological past of the Adriatic Sea, now they have about 90,000 collections of paleontology, botany, and herbarium.

Find on map

Address:

Lorenzov pro. 1, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.329656, E14.444304

SKYSCRAPER OF RIJEKA

Its beginning dates back to April 1, 1942. Due to the archeological finds in the excavation of foundations, due to the war, the construction of this huge palace lasted from 1939 to early 1942. The effect on the locals was sensational. In March 1942, they removed construction equipment from it, even though the opinions of the citizens were divided, the tower was one of the city’s beauties. The construction of the Great Skyscraper preceded the renovation of the square which then carried the name of Queen Jelena. They elaborated according to the draft of the architect Bruno Anghebena; they removed the park; they provided only an oval surface in the center of the square foreseen to build the fountain. They completed the job on July 14, 1934. The designer of the skyscraper was an American, Marco de Ar-bori. His father, Enrico, went to America and became rich at the time of the alcohol ban, and with his family came to Rijeka. One of his sons, Marco de Arbori, the wealthy, invested in his misfortune, didn’t count on his profits. Mario de Arbori entrusted the project to the local architect Umberto Nord. a good voice of Umberto Nordi influenced the approval of the Regional Institute for protecting Monuments in Trst when it withing permit, issued a license when skyscraper foundations had already ground level been excavated. Umberto Nordio is using the brickwork of light-pink and gray assisted by the architect, Vittorio Frandoli. Umberto Nordio invited, the academic fresco-painter Carlo Sbissa in decoration with the Sibila fresco. The fresco was destroyed after 1945 .Skyscraper Building is 53 meters high, with 14 teen floors.

Find on map

Address:

Trpimirova ul. 2, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.327969, E14.438407

TARSAT PRINCIPIA AND OLD GATE

Well-preserved part of the late Antic military command complex called Principia. They assume it that the Rijeka Pincipij was built in the second half of the 3rd century and destroyed at the beginning of the 5th century. Studies revealed the existence of remnants of the middle part of the front paved courtyard, part of the lateral courtyard, four adjacent rooms, two stairs and the front of the central building, are parts of the basilica. The old doors are the main entrance to the center of the late antique commando of Roman Tarsatika, an ancient city over whose ruins they raised the medieval Rijeka. The Principle was the part of the complex military system of Romans who were monitoring the Alps. They make the system of huge walls, towers, and fortresses for protecting the eastern boundary onset of barbarians. Logistic part of this system and center of the antique port city of Tarsatika preceded the medieval and present of Rijeka Town. The Tarsatica is the square shape fortress, wide about 40 meters, elevating and adapting on the mountain. Numismatic and other movable finds confirm the roots and the continuous life of the Tarsatica Principle from the middle of the third to the middle of the fourth century AD.

Old Gate
The arch of the Old Gate is the oldest architectural monument in Rijeka. the gate of a Roman Praetorium lifted from the house. The preserved Roman gates in the Old Town have exaggerated the imagination for centuries, some have seen the glory of Roman victories. This ancient arch is the most visible prominent piece of Roman Tarsat and witness of two millennia histories.

Find on map

Address:

Principij: Ul. Stara Vrata 8-10 51000, Rijeka

Old Gate: Ul. Stara Vrata 8, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.327451, E14.443735

N45.327245, E14.443632

CITY MUSEUM

Founded by the decision of the City Council of the City Rijeka in 1994, renamed ex-Museum of the People’s Revolution. It is They locate it in the Governor’s Palace Park, in the building, Architect designed which Neven Šegvić in 1976. The collection of art covers a variety of materials – art objects sorted by material, a collection of watches and a collection of furniture. Most often, these objects were shaped in the Baroque period, but you can also find examples from the period of classicism, historicism, secession, Art Deco and modernism.

Find on map

Address:

Muzejski trg 1, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.329872, E14.442101

MUSEUM OF MODERN AND CONTEMORRARY ART

They found it in 1948. Its reputation Museum has hosted through programs such as the first group exhibitions of contemporary art in Yugoslavia, entitled “Rijeka Salon”, from 1954 to 1963, “and many other exhibitions. The museum is one of the most prestigious institutions near visual arts in Croatia. The museum was part of a presentation for Croatian art and artists on prestigious international events such as the Venice Biennale 1997 and 2007 and the Biennial of Sao Paulo in 2004 and many others. The museum includes collection over 8,000 arts covering the period from the late 19th century to the present.

Find on map

Address:

Krešimirova ul. 26c, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.330448, E14.431842

PEEK AND POOK, COMPUTER MUSEUM

Peek & Poke was launched by the Computer Lover Association, which was founded in February 2007 to promote information technology and preserving computer history. Its founders were computer enthusiasts. Peek & Poke has about 7,000 exhibits, and this number is increasing. At first, only computers and calculators could be seen in the museum, now it has a collection of general digital technology.

Find on map

Address:

Ul. Ivana Grohovca 2A, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.328151, E14.445275

THE OLD TOWN HALL

The old town hall is working from a period of Grand and Small Councils, who was held by the Statute and confirmed by its feudal lord Ferdinand in 1530 in Rijeka. The building in 1560 takes renaissance features, and the architect Antonio Verneda built in 1740 by the second floor. Between the municipality and the Town, Tower was a public square, called “Pjaca, where for centuries were a stock market, market, trade, political arena, and in the evening served as a promenade. At the beginning of the 19th century, the square is losing the significance of the city center and becomes a marketplace. In the second world, war bombs crashed to the west side of the square, and they conserved the eastern part and adapted to the new conditions of life. On the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the Factory of Paper, they erected a fountain with the old machine for paper. The square was named by Rijeka’s historian Ivan Kobler.

Find on map

Address:

Trg Ivana Koblera 4 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.327039, E14.443644

CITY HALL

Today’s place of Hall is dated in 1914 when two building buildings were demolished on the main square Korzo to allow space to build them.They locate today’s building in the former City Hall. They announced the contest for its design in 1912, and they completed the construction at the beginning of the First World War in 1914. They erected the palace as a residential-business object. The work of brothers Messinger and Ernest Fratriscevits from Budapest who is attributed to interior decoration while its front (pročelje ) is signed by Bruno Sakovich. As the current headquarters of the City Council, the building is one of the visual and political activities of the Rijeka Center.

Find on map

Address:

Korzo 16, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.326865, E14.442410

ADRIA PALACE

It is one of the most impressive buildings in the City of Rijeka. From its construction, they tie the city’s reputation to the well-known maritime traffic center. They built it as the seat of the Hungarian maritime company Adria, founded in 1882, which started the regular navigation of the merchant navy in Rijeka. Built in the style of the historicist architecture of the most representative multi-story buildings with a majority function for business but also for administrative structures of the users. When land is, a purchase site, construction began in 1894. From the historical Hungarian press on the news in construction, it can be seen that the Hungarian architect Vilmos Freund gave the order for construction of the Adria administrative building. He was studying architecture in Zurich. The Adriatic company Jadrolinija, founded on January 20, 1947, and during 2007 it marking the 110th anniversary of the construction of the Palace, the most beautiful coastal palace.

Find on map

Address:

Riva 16, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.327196, E14.438711

PLOECH PALACE

Containing the architecture of historicism they erected the magnificent city palace of Annibale Ploech in 1888 according to a project by the famous Rijeka architect Giacomo Zambotti. The commissioner and owner of the imposing palace was the Austrian mechanic Annibale Ploech (1826-1884), who became rich in work in the Rijeka torpedo factory. Giacomo Zammatti designed the palace (1826-1927), a young architect of Vienna (1884). They dedicate special attention to construction to architectural plastic and interior, neo-baroque, plywood. Two telamon sculptures supporting the balcony over the portal point to the interior of the building with an elegant and a square staircase and a rich ornamental iron fence. The building has a specific L-layout, and a layout with a long corridor, separate from the business premises and facing the inner courtyard. The commissioner did not enjoy his beautiful palace because he died in 1884, but his descendants live there until 1988.

Find on map

Address:

Trpimirova ul. 6, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.328139, E14.437606

STENDARAC COLUM

A long time ago it was a pillar of shame, but historical data point to a different purpose of these cultural sights, although there are more versions. Maximilian emperor quoted the tale of the beginning in 1515. The Stendarac column is the symbol of peace and ultimate resistance to the conquerors after it has they placed it in front of the city gate. Every day they raised a flag on it, guaranteeing free access to everybody with good intentions in the city. In 1897, they moved the column on the square in front of the Palacio Municipio. afterward, they moved to the city museum, but they moved it to the same location in 1920. Then new theories emerged about the emergence of a pillar – a part of the historians was of the opinion Venetian artists made that to symbolize the power of Venetian authorities in Rijeka. On the pillar is a Latin inscription that explains how the pillar was damage in 1509, and they mention Captain Barba in the inscription, thanks to him pillar was later rebuilt. After many years of neglect this historical testimony, the city authorities renewed Stendarac in 1766 and restored its old splendor. They gave its original function back – they set the flag as a symbol of peace and freedom. after the Second World War, they set the pillar up on the square of Ivana Kobler, but in the seventies, they again placed him on his “old” place.

Find on map

Address:

Trg Riječke rezolucije, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.327465, E14.441885

PETAR KRUŽIĆA STAIRWAY

Petar Kružić, the defender of Klis, a fortress above Split, which guarded southern Croatia against Turkish hail, died on March 12, 1537. He was one of the greatest heroes in Croatian history. The Turks slammed his head after a crucial battle for the Klis fort and sold for 1,000 ducats to his sister Katarina. She buried her brother’s head in the church of Our Lady Trsat under the altar of St. Petra. On the tombstone in the Latin language, they write it: “Here is kept the burial head of the famous hero Petar Kružić. Sculptor Zvonimir Kamenar depicted him on the relief in the chapel of St. Nicholas, erected in 1531 along the Trsatska stairs. When the Klis was conquered warriors of it going to Senj, where, from 1537 to 1618, there will be a strong Uskoci place. Péter Kruzic was born on October 16, 1491, mentioned for the first time in historical sources in 1520 as commander of the Klis Fortress, which he defended for fifteen years from the Ottoman and Venetian attacks. He was also the captain of Senj from 1521 to March 1529. He defended Croatia in the difficult period of its history, after the Mosaic(mohačke) Battle, on August 29, 1526, when the Hungarian-Croatian military forces were broken. After these battles and losses of the territory, On January 1, 1527, the Croatian Parliament chose Habsburg, Ferdinand I, for the Croatian King in Cetingrad. Since then, the Habsburg dynasty will rule until the end of the First World War. Kružić built in 1531 at his own expense 118 stairs. That year, it also raised the chapel of St. Nicholas near the church of Our Lady Trsatska Kružić. They write the year of construction in Glagolitic script above the portal. Baron Gabriel Franjo Aichelburg, Commander Brinja, continued the construction of the stairs and in 1726 there were 412. After the last renovation of the stairs in the year 1930, Trsat held 561 stairs.

Find on map

Address:

Ul. Franje Račkoga 6 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

45.328168, 14.449172

UNIVERSATIY LIBRARY AND PLACE OF GALAGOLTIC SCRIPT

The university library is the building of the former School of Girls, architect G. Zammattio designed which in the Neo-Renaissance style made in 1887. The building is They locate the building on the north side of Dolac Street. The largest part of it today is occupied by the University Library, which is an integral part of the Glagolitic Exposition, located on the first floor. They represent the historical development of the Croatian script who is adapted to the Old Slavic language and the liturgy.

Find on map

Address:

Dolac 1, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.327883, E14.440852

ST. JURAJ CHURCH

Below the Castell was the family Frankopan raised the church of St. Jura the martyr, patron of the knights. They chose him for his family patron and honored him to build the churches in the places it managed them. In the same century, the parish of St. Jury the martyr on Trsat and two parishioners mentioned, vlc. Paškal Vazmina, the first well-known pastor and signatory of the Vinodol Code (1288), which is among the first legal documents in Europe!

Find on map

Address:

Ul. Petra Zrinskog 11, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.331950, E14.455342

SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF TRSAT

The most significant Kvarner and the oldest Marian shrine in Croatia. Its history is based on the story of the conveyance of the Nazareth cemetery from the Holy Land on 10 May 1291 to Trsat and is re-transmitted on December 10, 1294, in Loreto, Italy. In the triangle Nazaret – Trsat – Loreto, Marijin Trsat becomes the most famous Croatian sanctuary on the international level. At the place where the Nazareth house was and then disappeared, the Frankopan princes of Krk erected the church which became the oldest Franciscan fortune and pilgrimage destination. In 1367, Pope Urban V. donated to the Croatian pilgrims the image of Mother of God with Little Jesus. Trsat sanctuary has been worshiping the Blessed Virgin Mary for 700 years. The approval of Pope Nicholas V. (1453), the mayor of Martin Frankopan builds the church of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Franciscan monastery, which became the Franciscan center of the Frankopan state. Franjo Glavinić emphasized the construction of this project (1585-1622), the builder of the shrine the monastery and Petar Francetić is the person (1650-1725), which completes the construction of the monastery.

Find on map

Address:

Frankopanski trg, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.331121, E14.456999

TURKISH HOUSE

One example of Neo- Marunic style is a Turkish house with arches above the windows, balcony doors, and foreclosed windows decorated with plant and geometric ornaments. The Arabic inscription can be seen, and they are written in various variants of the alphabet. Dating back to the 1879 palace is also known as the palace of Bartolich. The widow Antonija Bartolich Gelletich who lived in Rijeka marrying with the Turkish and Greek consul Nicolai Nicolaides who was Consul in Rijeka since 1898 deciding to build the fourth floor and redesign facades of the house. Today house presenting unique of different cultures in the area resulting in great examples of various styles are in town.

Find on map

Address:

Verdijeva ul. 13, 51000, Rijeka

GPS coordinate:

N45.324690, E14.443019